Configuring boards in Kanban: When I move Wishlist and Todo-items to the backlog and delete the Todo-column the backlog behaves weird and shows not only all items in progress but also sometimes gives an empty backlog. Is that supposed to happen?
Hello Lena,
I think the answer is here:
An issue will only be visible in the Kanban backlog if:the issue matches the board's saved filter, andthe issue's status is in the Kanban backlog column, or the next column on the Kanban board.
An issue will only be visible in the Kanban backlog if:
So according to your screenshot I guess you had issues in To do and Wishlist status, and also issues in the In Progress column in your backlog. Adding an empty column next to your backlog should do the trick:
Can you please try to do so and tell us if it helps?
- Manon
Hello,
The Backlog shows issues that have statuses, which are set for the Backlog. Do you mean that the Backlog does not show some issues with the statuses, which are defined for the Backlog?
Hi @Lena Wikström,
Can you take a screenshot of the Board Configuration--->Column management?
I mean the Backlog shows the In progress items even if it is not part of the configuration
I think you need to add the To Do column and make the state Todo, and Wishlist matches To that column.
If I add a column for Selected for Development it behaves the same way, the items marked Selected for development is part of the Backlog even if the config is different. But doing this means the Todo-items are part of the Backlog list.
If it is not possible to remove the To do-column then maybe it should be stated in the config?
Then the first problem appears, the backlog is containing all items from In Progress
That's weird, it works well on my side:
Or maybe you don't expect the In Progress to be displayed above Backlog? I don't think we can do anything about it since it's the expected behaviour.
Thank you, that explains it
Per the details on "Use Your Kanban Backlog" the first section is always the first column on your Kanban board. Then your backlog follows. I assume this is to easily move items from your backlog into the first column (which in the Simple Workflow is "To Do") without having to leave the Backlog view.
I didn't want the team to be able to move items to the first column from the Backlog view so I made the first column "Blocked" status.
For your example, you may want to consider one of your other statuses such as "Ready for Development" as your first column on your Kanban board.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.