I deleted an linked application in Jira and it broke external authentication with Crowd. It has been a few days, so what I did is a little foggy.
I used the instructions to enable the Jira Internal Directory and admin user.
I reset the admin user's password (user is root). Using the example code to reset password to 'sphere'.
User exists, has jira-administrator and jira-user privileges.
Crowd directory is disabled. Internal directory ordered to the top of the list.
NOT using Crowd SSO (it is disabled).
Unable to login user root. Log says "tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found."
The log is posting the following:
____ Attempting login for : '/rest/gadget/1.0/login'
login : 'root' and password provided - remember me : false - attempting login request
runAuthentication : 'root' does not require elevated security check. Attempting authentication...
login : 'root' has not been authenticated
login : 'root' could not be authenticated with the given password
login : 'root' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you
Kevin