I have an issue type with 13 custom fields. I need to export the issues with all the custom fields and with the relevant system fields (issue type, summary, description, etc.)
When I run the query and then export with Export --> Excel (Current fields)
some fields are missing.
I've also tried the add-on Better Excel Plugin for Jira (BEPJ), but also with it some fields are missing.
I can do Export --> Excel (All Fields) (which is also available in BEPJ) but then I have to perform a massive clean-up on the resulting Excel file to remove a large number of irrelevant fields.
It seems to me that the Jira API which is invoked by the built-in export (and probably is also used by BEPJ) is buggy.
I am on Jira 6.4.11 and I cannot upgrade to a newer version in the foreseeable future.
Anyone seen this? Any workaround?
I can write Python code to extract the data from Jira into an Excel but I prefer to avoid that route for now.