We are just going live with Jira, from Rally, and I am struggling with how to track the releases. Let me start by saying I have had no Jira training, only learned things on my own from testing.
Here is my situation. I am a Program Manager and track many different products and releases. In Rally I create Milestones, which I assume will be Releases in Jira. From there I have to assign all my Epics, Stories, Bugs to the Release... is that correct? In Rally, if I assigned the Epic to the Milestone, all the children would be a part of it as well. It seems that Jira is very flat so I won't have that same option.
Our teams are Kanban and very established teams so they no longer do story points, estimating, sizing. In Rally, our tracking and progress is calculated based on the number of stories and bugs. I'm not sure how I accomplish tracking in Jira. We do have Portfolio and I am doing research and trying to learn that but it seems like I have to create a plan before I can get anywhere. I don't need to plan, don't need it to try to calculate our release date, I just want the reporting.
I'm am hoping that someone has a suggestion for us. Any help would very much be appreciated! Thanks!