Is there any possibility to turn off activity stream or at least give permission not see it?
Jurg,
Please see link below that a similar questionhttps://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-can-I-restrict-the-Activity-Stream-on-the-System-Dashboard/qaq-p/363629
Victor
User selected as tag Confluence, let's make sure that's exactly what he is looking for @Victor Mutambuki.
@Jürg Kaufmannare you trying to hide it in JIRA or Confluence?
Hi Jürg,
It's possible to hide the activity stream in Confluence Server by modifying the global style sheets.
However, please note that this is not a secure restriction but is instead simply hiding the content from view.
Add this to the Global Style sheets:
.nav-item-container-all-updates, header.content-header-all-updates, ul.list-container-all-updates { display: none;}
@FadouaThank you for the response. I am actually trying to hide it from both but I am more concerned about Confluence.
I will try the way explained in the link.
Thx.
Thank you Ben
To be honest, I don't even know where to find the Global Style sheets ?
No worries.
To modify the global style sheets,
Administrator access is needed to make this change.
You can find more information here.
Hope this helps!
Hi Ben
Thanks again for this information. I was able to follow the steps but I only got to "General Configuration" There are still no stylesheets visible even though I have admin rights.
KR
Jürg
@Jürg Kaufmann
JIRA
Administration Console -> User Interface -> System Dashboard
See which gadget you want to remove
Please make sure to test it in a Dev or Staging environment before you make any change.
Confluence:
Administration Console -> Configuration -> Global Templates and Blueprints -> Global page blueprints -> Space Dashboard
@SarahI feel honored that my answer was voted up by an Atlassian Engineer
I'm also trying to do this but I do not have a space dashboards section. Moreover, I want to turn off/remove the activity stream from the homepage, not just in individual spaces.
How about finding which add-on module provides the Activity Stream and disabling that module? In staging of course. May need some source code searching to find the exact add-on and module name
My money is on
If it is a system add-on I think Atlassian never recommend to disable them.
Not without careful testing and checking with Support. But we run without the Jira plugin that pops up things for new users in production.
I can see Confluence Activity Stream Plugin in the System Apps list (Confluence Cloud) but can not find a way to disable it. Is it only possible to disable if I run Confluence on my own server?
@Nadia Zatsepin
In general it is not recommended to make any changes to System plugins.
In Server Edition you can hide the Activity Stream.
Best,
Fadoua
Thanks but that doesn't answer my question - I can't see a way to disable the stream. Does that mean it's not possible on the cloud version?
Nadia
@Nadia ZatsepinDid you try Ben Andersen's (Atlassian Team) suggestion on this thread?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.