Greetings,
I use Jira for our change control process. All change control tickets are supposed to be reviewed and documented by me accordingly. However, some people are closing tickets before they are reviewed. Either intentionally to sneak things past my review or unintentional because they forget to change the status from "Planning" to something else. I'm looking for a way to prevent one of two scenarios (I've included screenshots):
In the first one, I'd like to prevent a ticket from being "Resolved" or "Closed" if it is still marked "Planning" as seen below. The reason being is if a ticket is done, it should no longer be marked "Planning" as work was obviously done on the ticket.

In the second scenario I would like to prevent a ticket from being "Closed" if it is still in "Review Pending" as seen below. If it's "Closed" and hasn't been reviewed, then how do I know they followed the change control process properly (i.e., was it truly a Pre-Approved change vs. something that should have gone before the change advisory board)?

I have a search string that will manually catch these things but I'd rather they do it right from the beginning rather than me run my search and tell them to go back and fix their tickets. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.