Hi,
I am new to JIRA. I need to perform an upgrade from jira core 5.2.7 to 7.10. Someone please let me know on how I should start with. Appreciate your help on it. Thanks in advance.
HI @Sumitra Vishwanath
Please go through the below articles you will get enough information about jira upgradation.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/upgrading-jira-applications-938846936.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/upgrading-jira-applications-using-the-installer-938846937.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracore/jira-core-7-9-x-upgrade-notes-947191547.html
we have an apache tomcat installed with jira core. Why apache tomcat is used?
Jira is a Java based program. Since Jira needs an application to host its website, it makes sense that Atlassian uses Tomcat since this too an a Java based webserver.
You can't do this in a single upgrade. You are going to need to upgrade to at least one intermediate version first (a 7.0.x version).
I would recommend that you use the Upgrading Jira with a fallback method. This method might take some more time to complete, but it offers the best means to make sure your data is properly upgraded and users suffer the least amount of downtime possible.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.