How can you find and monitor all references in the form of urls and links to an anchor
Cheryl,
Can you help clarify what it is you're looking to do exactly? It will help if you include your usage case.
Regards,
Shannon
Hi Shannon,
I think Cheryl is/was dealing with the same issue as I am right now. Basically what I´d like to see is´all the reference point to a specific anchor I created.
e.g.: There´s an anchor on a page, let´s call it TestAnchor. I´d like to see a list of all the exact points in the workspace which are referencing to the TestAnchor, and not only the pages, but the exact location of a reference to TestAnchor on the page. So basically e.g. before deleting an anchor, I´d like to check all the exact points which are linked to this anchor.
Thank you!
Viktor
Hi Viktor,
Thank you for clarifying this.
We had a feature request to include anchors in incoming links in Confluence, but was closed in Server as we don't have plans to include this on the roadmap in the near future. The Cloud request is still open at this time:
There's no feature for that, but I know of an add-on that does this for links to pages. I wasn't able to find details on whether it also supports anchors on the pages, but have a look here:
I hope this is helpful, but let me know if you have any further questions.
Thank you for the response.
May I ask the reason, why it is not planned to be implemented? What could I do to help change your mind?
Because without being able to see the links to an anchor, it´s just useless/dangerous. Especially that even renaming an anchor breaks all the links to it (not to mention, that it is possible to create unlimited anchors with the same name on a page! --> In this case, based on what logic the system decides which one to link to?)
Thank you,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.