I've reviewed the Glossary as well as the Using the Help Center article and I'm still unsure how the Help Center and Customer Portal are defined, and what their relationship is.
My understanding is that the Help Center provides a point of access to a Customer Portal (of which there may be more than one)—for instance, links to help forms contained in Customer Portal X or Customer Portal Y.
If this is correct, what's the appropriate terminology to use with customers? To take an example, how would you instruct instruct customers in accessing Service Desk to log an IT issue? Does the following make sense?
- Open Jira Service Desk in your browser.
- From the Help Center, click log an IT issue.
The IT Customer Portal loads. - Complete the portal's log an issue form.
- (...)
Further:
- What's the "global center"? I see mention of the term at the bottom of this page.)
- In relation to these concepts, what if any difference exists between Service Desk Cloud versus the Server instance?
Edit: Typos; clarification.