We've just started using Jira Software. I've created a new project but there is no Epic issue type. I also can't create epics on the backlog page (https://www.atlassian.com/agile/tutorials/epics)
HI @Farshid Zavareh
Welcome to the community!
Please have a look at the below articles, hope this helps.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver079/working-with-epics-950290649.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver079/managing-epics-in-a-scrum-project-950290664.html
Hi Farshid,
Most likely you don't have an Epic in the Issue Type Scheme for your project. You can modify it to add epics.
I could add Epic issue type, but that wouldn't make actual Epics, it's just an issue type like Task (tried it)
The project is of type "Agility". In fact when creating a new project, the only option I get is Agility. Could that be the reason why I don't have Epics (i.e. that project type is not Scrum)?
So the issue was 1. Project type was Agility not Scrum; 2. I wasn't an Admin and thus couldn't create a Scrum project
After getting Admin permission, I created a new project with type Scrum and I can now have Epics.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.