I'm trying to create a symbolic link using this command: mklink /J C:\path\to\symlink E:\path\to\file . But I'm getting an error as syntax incorrect.
Hi @prayuja,
Hope the following articles will help you
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/managing-attachments-in-jira-applications-300811049.html
Hi @prayuja
Syntax is:
mklink /J {new link} {target link}
/j for junction and /d for link
basically {new link} is the new link you are going to create, and {target link} is the link's target which is existing directory.
Hi @Ollie Guan,
Thanks for your response. The document says to move jira home directory. But I want to move attachment folder only.
HI @prayuja
Welcome to the community!
The default directory location is the subdirectorydata/attachments of the JIRA home directory.
data/attachments
To be able to change the default path you need to create a symbolic link.
Please see the choose custom attachment path section in the below article.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/configuring-file-attachments-861253987.html?_ga=2.136208177.1818070209.1529988185-338212943.1524643824
Hi @Prashant Mali,
I tried the same command but getting the error.
Hi @Yogesh Mude,
How to change default attachment folder path.
In Old Jira version, we can be able to changes the attachment from the admin section but now there is no way to change the default path from jira.
To change the path you need to use the Symbolic link as i have mentioned in an earlier comment but this can be done from the operating system, not in Jira.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.