Hi,
I want to be able to extract Active directory information such as names, and telephone numbers on Confluence. Is this possible and if so how can I do this?
Cheers,
Gaj
Thanks Tigo. We will probably look to get a job to sync the data off active directory onto a MS SQL database and then get Confluence to read that to get the required information.
Something similar to http://www.bravesoft.com/blog/?p=24
We were not looking to link the active directory details to a confluence account but just the ability to view employee data on the AD via confluence Cheers, Gaj.
Hi Gaj,
All user information in Confluence is stored into the tables cwd_user and cwd_user_attributes, you can get the information you want querying those tables.
Cheers
Hi Tiago,
Thanks for the reply but that's not what I'm after. I want to be able to get the telephone numbers, extensions and other fields which the Active Directory has and be able to read that on Confluence. I just saw his https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ACLI/How+to+extract+data+from+Active+Directory but I'm wondering if there is a better way of having some sort of data source to active directy and then use that connection on Confluence to retireve the data.
I'm afraid we don't have an alternative for this currently, although there's already a feature request for this https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-5286 however it's not implemented yet.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.