We just upgraded from JIRA 6.1.3 to 6.4.7. In one of my workflows, I set it up so that users can only edit certain fields and add attachments after the issue is closed. I have jira.issue.editable = false on the Closed status. I have workflow transitions "Edit Fields" and "Attach" that control that behaviour by limiting the fields to be edited.
Prior to the upgrade these worked just fine. After the upgrade, the "Edit Fields" workflow step works just fine using a transition screen with the limited fields that can be edited. However the "attach" no longer works. The attachment field will be displayed and it allows you to select the file. But when you select "attach" to process the workflow transition it just returns silently to the screen. It does not attach the file and does not give a user a warning. In the log file you get a WARN:
2015-07-29 20:14:37,214 http-bio-8080-exec-15376 WARN shauth 1214x1053858x4 x2da7x 10.9.30.110 /secure/CommentAssignIssue.jspa [jira.issue.fields.AttachmentSystemField] There were errors while converting temporary attachments: AttachmentError{logMessage='An error occurred: You can not create attachments as the issue is in a non-editable workflow state.', localizedMessage='You can not create attachments as the issue is in a non-editable workflow state.', filename='', reason=VALIDATION_FAILED, exception=none()}
I'm looking for a workaround and also an understanding of why this no longer works in JIRA 6.4