I am new admin and we have created some stories for training. Now - before starting the real project - we would like to get rid of these stories. Where and how do I have to change the setup?
Hello,
You should grant to your user the Delete Issues permission in the project permission scheme.
You can delete issues if you have the necessary permissions. It is set up at the project level, using permission schemes.
See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-project-permissions-776636362.html for more details.
Beware of deleting production issues. Deleted is DELETED. There are tons of people looking for ways to bring back deleted issues. Basically you can't. If you have a backup you can restore to a different instance and then export to csv and import the deleted issues. I have a resolution value of Deleted I use to close issues we would want to delete.
JIRA will not reuse issue numbers.
Thanks for your help!
You are welcome! If any of our answers helped you, kindly accept these answers. You can accept all three answers or two answers or a single answer, if you feel so. In this case users with a similair question will be able to find accepted by you answers.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.