Hello,
I have read much about this topic but it's still not a hundret percent clear for me.
I got a group in Jira. I have defined one role and added this group as default member to the role. Now I assign this role with the default group to a project. So far, so good.
Now If I add a new member to the group, logically I'd think, that the person is inherited to the role's default group automatically.
Group -> Role -> Project = Group -> Project
But I tried this and the person hasn't been added.
I noticed, that when I first added the group to the role, the members within the group had been added visually to the "added Users" field of the role next to it. So it seems that not the group itself is added to the role (when adding a group to the role) but the single members inside this group.
So if I later add a person to the existing group, which is part of a existing role, the person is not added to the role, because actually not the group itself was added but the single users.
Is this right?