Hi All,
I want to remove JIRA users from my customer page. (Outside the organisation)
I am using JIRA Serrvice Desk v3.5 and I don't want to deactivate users as mentioned in this document. As these users are using other projects in JIRA.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver035/setting-up-service-desk-users-894759487.html
Can somebody help me with this?
Aravindi,
You can just remove the users from the project, as in the document you linked. Be aware that it does not only remove them from the page, but it also removes any rights the users have as Customers.
The only reason the document says to deactivate the users is because it assumes that you want to fully remove their access to Jira.
If this is not what you wanted, can you please clarify what you need the users to do?
Regards,
Shannon
Hi @Shannon S
Thanks for the answer.
As you can see in the following screenshot there is no way to delete the user. On the top of the page I only get options to add Org/customer. Hovering over user doesn't give you options to delete as mention in the document.
Any chance you're on Cloud? The article you linked to earlier is just for Service Desk Server version 3.5.
The process for Cloud is a bit different.
Remove customers from a project You must be a project administrator to remove customers from a project.
You must be a project administrator to remove customers from a project.
In your service desk project, select Settings ( ) > People.
) > People.
Hover over the user or group you would like to remove, and then select .
Hi @Shannon S,
No I am in server.
JIRA Service Desk 3.5.2
JIRA Software 7.3.8
hi Shanoon, I have similar question like Aravindi,
Background:
- My company Jira 7.5.0 with JSD 3.8.1.
- We have multiple projects in JSD and some customers are added to multiple projects
The issue:
We would like to remove customer from certain project instead of delete customer account since they still need access to other JSD projects.
Unfortunately, the customer account is not belong to an organization so we could not remove user account from organization.
I also look in the Project's User & Role but the accounts do not appear under Service Desk Customers
So my question is:
1. Is there an option to remove customer from the Customers List?
2, Could we add an existing customer in the project to an organization?
If not, is there an add-on in marketplace could do the trick?
thank you,
Minh Ngo
I believe I just figured out how to remove someone from that customer list. It looks like they're added there if they join by signing up themselves. So if you resend them an invitation to join and they go through there, they should be removed.
To summarize:
If you dont have "Customers my team adds to the project" checked then you can't remove customers from the customers list once you add them. It might be a bug but bottom line is that in the "customer list" theres no option to do so and those customers don't appear in the "users and roles" screen.
Once you check that checkbox you can either remove entire organizations from the "customer list" of go to "users and roles" to take care for users not affiliated to any organization.
Looks like you have to go to Administration > User Management > Jira Service Deck to delete customers. From there there is the option next to each you where you can delete them.
This is what I was looking for.
Perfect! Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.