I need to create a custom field to create hyperlink to folder or file saved on intranet folder. Is there and option to do this?
Have you tried : Select Administration -> Issues -> Fields -> Custom Fields -> Add Custom Field , select the URL field type and click Next, fill in the relevant values and after you click Finish select the screens that you want the field to appear on.
How are you publishing this "intranet folder"? How would you normally get to it from your desktop - via a browser or file manager? What do you type into them as the location?
I have tried this but it only works in case of Webpage link and not the folder saved on Intranet or shared drive.
I am publishing the intranet folder as file://///server\folder\path (I guess this works from IE but for some reason it doesn't work on Chrome and FF) We open desktop from file Manager..
Yes, that's a UNC link, which are regarded as potential security threats, and hence turned off in most browsers. You can try setting your browser to understand the file: protocol, but I would not recommend it.
so if its a unc link is there a way to make it clickable?
Despite this is marked as "Solved", I spent quite a few hours trying to understand how to fix this.
You need to create a Text Field, and convert it to WIKI style text field. This way you will be able to post URL.
Here is 5 minute video which I have created on how to do this.
https://youtu.be/QCNHPy88iKA
I hope it helps.
Hi Pavel,
Great video, I think we can use it in our company, what do you think @Luke Dodd ?
P
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.