I'm hoping to use JIRA for my team's project tracking. Using task & sub-task tickets works fine, and the Time Tracking Report is *almost* good enough - but unfortunately it will not show tasks unfolding in dependency-order in an iteration based on estimates, per resource. Basically I just need a simple Gannt chart (don't really need a lot of interactivity in it, just a better view into the planned schedule based on blocking links between tasks or similar).
I've spent some time looking at all of the plugins on the exchange that offer Gantt and have found they all seem to be broken and/or unsupported. The only one I haven't tried is the jplugs offering, but its price is prohibitive since all I want really is one chart - I would probably write my own before signing up for a $400 + $200/year subscription.
Any help, anyone? Has anyone succeeded in getting usable Gantt charts in the latest JIRA? Or will JIRA ever offer this feature?
TIA,
Christopher