I have an existing non Git-LFS repo that I want to implement Git LFS on and I'm reading https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/use-git-lfs-with-existing-bitbucket-repositories-829078749.html. What is the order of events? Do I...
Then follow the instructions on BFG? https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/use-bfg-to-migrate-a-repo-to-git-lfs-834233484.html
It's NOT clear from the links WHEN to convert the existing repo to use Git LFS
Hi Chris,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community.
The order of events should be:
In step #5, are the Git LFS objects created then? Thanks!
No, it just tells Git that files with that extension will be handled by LFS, the actual conversion happens when you run BFG for existing files. If you do not run BFG, existing file would not be handled by LFS.
So the BFG step (#6) is run in a clone mirror (git clone --mirror) which is a bare repo, at least per https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucket/use-bfg-to-migrate-a-repo-to-git-lfs-834233484.html?_ga=2.229845012.96814952.1529633258-482757227.1527186133. I'm missing on WHEN the Git LFS objects are created. Thanks again!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.