Is in the version 2.0 rest api an equivalent endpoint for group management /groups ?
No, you need to write a plugin to manage user groups now. v1 was eccentric
Not according to this page
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/deprecation-notice-v1-apis/#groups
But I'm very keen to figure out what to do now.
So rather than providing an API like every other system I've come across, each user has to write their own plugin ... and v1 was eccentric?
Not really, you need to write 1 plugin to expose a Rest endpoint to do whatever you want and yes, I know there is a special place in hell for me but I am happy that this endpoint was scraped.
It was a glaring security loophole I guess the gape was only visible to atlassian when it threatened their own cloud offerings.
@Danyal Iqbal, can you point me in the right direction on how to write my own API end point plug in, so I can programmatically create bitBucket users?
Thanks
Thanks for the feedback Danyal and IT Admin. Your link, IT Admin, says in 2.0 you can no longer modify an existing BB user... but what about creating new accounts? Have you done that with API 2.0?
No, there is limited read-only user information only.
boo
Can anyone from Atlassian comment on the BB Cloud API add user/group functionality?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.