In some cases, tables become so large that it would be easier to rotate the header and/or cell text vertically. I found a similar (unanswered) question - with the only solution being adding a user macro. I've created the macro, however, due to a number of Confluence updates, it seems that it's no longer possible to rotate the actual table header cell, only the text:

The Adaptavist add-on seems to offer this possibility. However, if I were to use this to simply to change the direction of the text in my table, I'd have to construct my table from macros, within macros, within macros... Which, considering the large number of collaborators within our particular use for Confluence, would not be a viable solution.
I discovered that there has already been a JIRA issue created for this matter (in 2016). Why has this not yet been looked into?
I believe that being able to rotate the text in table headers and/or cells would add great value to the Confluence editor.