I did a little bit of research on our database being case sensitive or not. I used couple of queries on user=bitbucketuser, the database checks out to be sensitive as asked by Bitbucket.
I used below queries :
SELECT CASE WHEN 'A' = 'a' THEN 'Insensitive' ELSE 'Sensitive' END from dual;
SELECT CASE WHEN COUNT(*) = 2 THEN 'Insensitive' ELSE 'Sensitive' ENDFROM NLS_SESSION_PARAMETERSWHERE (PARAMETER = 'NLS_COMP' AND VALUE = 'LINGUISTIC') OR (PARAMETER = 'NLS_SORT' AND VALUE = 'BINARY_CI'); Also as the troubleshooting bitbucket server installations link https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserverkb/bitbucket-server-requires-a-case-sensitive-database-but-the-target-database-is-case-insensitive-779171550.html suggests that "Note that it is important to the proper operation of Bitbucket Server that the database store its data in a case-sensitive manner. By changing the values of the NLS_COMP and/or NLS_SORT variables, it is possible to cause Oracle to perform its searches in a case-insensitive manner. We therefore strongly recommend that those variables be left at their default values."
On running the query "select * from nls_session_parameters;" and referring to oracle documenation of NLS_COMP and NLS_SORT, I find that default values remain intact and thereby further making us sure, our oracle database remain case sensitive contrary to what you suggest.
Hello Nancy
Did you follow our Connecting Bitbucket Server to Oracle document in order to create the Oracle database?
As mentioned in our instructions for connecting Bitbucket to Oracle, you need to set the collation for the database to a case sensitive collation. As per our document above, AL32UTF8 or UTF8 is the one we have tested and we recommend using it.
RegardsRodrigo
@Rodrigo M
Hello Rodrigo,
Firstly connecting Bitbucket server to Oracle is giving me 404 - page not found error.
And below are the screenshots of the queries I ran against my database which bitbucket is interacting.
It looks good to me, Let me know if you wanted to change anything and try.
Can you please take a look at it ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.