Hello,
I would like to set an SLA metric and an automation with it, that would remind me when to close a ticket.
Basically this is the issue and it has been submitted to atlassian to work on
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1861?_ga=2.83261654.1718110344.1529487254-557365248.1493732651
But as long as there is no solution, a walkaround has to be created.
So I saw this method
Here's what you can do with existing JSD functionality. It's not the most elegant solution, not by a long shot but it works:
1) Create an SLA metric, say 'Issue uptime', and configure it to start whenever your agents post a comment for a customer and end when a customer posts a comment. Alternatively you can configure it to start when your issue enters a corresponding status if your project is configured to change issue statuses on comments.
2) Set a target for this metric to 168h (1 week)
3) Create a workflow transition that leads to your "Closed" status. If needed hide it from users using a corresponding condition and add a post-function to set a resolution.
4) Create an automation rule, which will trigger when the above SLA metric is at risk (30m remaining). Make this rule execute the transition you've created and if needed post a comment and/or send an email to your customer.
Hope this helps
The problem here is, that when a customer comments on the issue, the timer stops and does not continue anymore.. So this method is of no use.
I tried to put all Statuses of the workflow involved. Again the problem is, that when a status in changed, the timer starts which is good.. but if after some time the status does change, the timer stops and can not be continued again..
So if I would like this to work the way that it should, I would have to create a huge amount of SLA metrics and the issue would be full of clocks..
Is there any other way?
Thanks and best Regards