Hello,
If a space is a deleted, are archived items that belonged to that space deleted?
Thanks,
Matthew
@MatthewWhen you delete a space every thing is gone completely, you will have to recover it from backup, but when you delete a page/attachment in this space they will go do the trash can, there you can recover it or delete it completely.
best!
Hi Moses,
So, if I have archived items that belonged to that Space, how do I delete the Space without affecting the archived items that were members of that Space?
Should their membership to the group be removed before archiving them (as a best practice)? Or, should they be unarchived and assigned to a different group before deleting the Space?
I understand I can export the Space as a XML file before deleting the Space, but am concerned about archived items that were members of that Space.
Thanks much
@MatthewI think a good practice is to remove all permission from space, change space status from current -> archive instead of deleting space completed, so that some day you may want to reference to these archived space for information.
Best!.
I agree with you.
Just out of curiosity, the archived would be deleted if they were members of the space -were it to be deleted, correct?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.