I am trying to find out how to set up to "send an email reminder automatically to current assignee of the issue, when due date is approaching"
I have found some older posts but no specific answer as to how to do this.. Can anyone help
Thanks
Hi Tracy,
You can create an Issue Filter Subscription.
1. Create a JQL. Something like "due < now() OR due = 1d" should list all issues overdue or issues due tomorrow.
2. Save the JQL as a filter. Share the filter with the group who should be receiving the email notifications.
3. Create a Filter subscription with the group set to recipients.
Please take a look at the docs at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/receiving-search-results-via-email-720416706.html
Hope that helps.
Thanks - yes I have found that which will send the email out to a group of people but I am trying to set it up so it emails the person set as Assignee only
It seems I may have to set one up per employee
eg Bob has an issue with a Due Date or Lynne has one etc and it will email that person - basically to remind them
Hi @Tracy N,
Simply update the JQL to limit the assignee to current logged in user.
For example,
assignee = currentUser() AND (due < now() OR due = 1d)
Thanks - yes I can set the filter correctly to limit to a specific user
eg: duedate < -3d AND assignee = Bob.Harrison or as you say = currentUser()
but in the Subscription area where you set up the Recipients box, I can only choose 'Personal Subscription' (which sends it only to ME), or select a group of recipients from the dropdown list.
I dont want this - I want only the Assignee to get the email about their own due issues
I am trying to aviod each user having to create their own subscription to receive an email
I hope that clarify's what Im after - Thanks :-)
Thanks Bhushan - the emails came out successfully to each user with only their Issues
I had saved columns for the filter (eg Due Date, Issue Key, Summary) but each user's email displayed different columns. It looks like based on the default columns that are displayed when they open up Issues / Search for Issues when they are using JIRA rather than the columns saved on the filter. Do you happen to have any idea about resolving that part - thanks again for your help
@Bhushan Nagaraj How can I create a filter, that I will get notification email, for issues that their due date is in 2 days? and the status is open or in progress.
Another scenario is that after the due date each day will send notification (in the same statuses).
I want the assignee to get it and me and his team lead.
These are pretty basic notifications, Why don't Jira Notify these by Default, Even Zoho Project Does it for Free. There a Big Hype of jira in the market so people start using it and loose their valuable money
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.