I read all the release and upgrade notes. The installation script worked fine. The java process went away several times while starting after the upgrade. I kept starting Confluence again and it made more progress on the upgrade tasks each time. Eventually got a log message:
2018-06-16 12:28:35,785 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [confluence.upgrade.upgradetask.RenameEhcachePropertiesUpgradeTask] doUpgrade Upgrade task complete.
But the java process still goes away a few minutes after starting (about 5-7 minutes). I get 5 warnings like this in catalina.out:
16-Jun-2018 12:13:36.757 WARNING [main] org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetProperti
esRule.begin [SetPropertiesRule]{Server} Setting property 'debug' to '0' did not fi
nd a matching property.
In atlassian-confluence.log I see:
2018-06-16 13:23:18,277 WARN [localhost-startStop-1] [org.springframework.beans.GenericTypeAwarePrope
rtyDescriptor] getWriteMethodForActualAccess Invalid JavaBean property 'cacheFactory' being accessed!
Ambiguous write methods found next to actually used [public void com.atlassian.confluence.spaces.per
sistence.dao.hibernate.HibernateSpaceDao.setCacheFactory(com.atlassian.vcache.VCacheFactory)]: [publi
c void com.atlassian.confluence.core.persistence.hibernate.VersionedHibernateObjectDao.setCacheFactor
y(com.atlassian.cache.CacheFactory)]
and seven of these:
2018-06-16 13:24:14,166 WARN [ThreadPoolAsyncTaskExecutor::Thread 22] [spring.scanner.util.ProductFilterUtil] detectProduct Couldn't detect product, will use ProductFilter.ALL
then this and nothing more:
2018-06-16 13:24:52,068 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [confluence.upgrade.recovery.ConfluenceProgressMonitor] begin TABLE_DATA: [BANDANA]
2018-06-16 13:24:53,054 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [confluence.upgrade.recovery.ConfluenceProgressMonitor] end TABLE_DATA: [BANDANA]
2018-06-16 13:24:53,055 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] [confluence.upgrade.recovery.ConfluenceProgressMonitor] begin TABLE_DATA: [BODYCONTENT]
shortly after that the java process is no longer running.
How can I find out why the java process stopped?
How can I get this installation working again?