I have allowed anonymous permissions to one of my spaces, but I think there should be another way to get anonymous users to access the space besides a link.
welcome Jake,
If your Confluence site is public, you can grant permissions to people who are not logged in.
Please see attached image. Go to permission --> Edit Permissions under Anonymous Access and grant users VIEW space permission.
victor
What permissions did you give? (I wouldnt give write perms unless you want spam)
Below should be enough which you set in your 'Space Tools -> Permissions'
No I mean how do they even get to my space if they don't have a login
They only have view permissions but I don't see how that relates to the question
jake
If your Confluence site is public, you can grant permissions to people who are not logged in. This is where you give them VIEW space permission.
View permissions should be all they need to see the space is what I was getting at.
By design, Anonymous folks do not need to login.
So 3 different people now have come up with the same answer, but Jake doesnt think this is the answer, therefore I think we need a better explanation of what the set up is.
Let me explain the question better. Do I have to give people a link to my space or is there a way they can get to it by typing "confluence" into google.
yes, you've to give them the URL of your confluence....for example...https://confluence.nameofyourcompany.com if you're in confluence server.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.