Hey guys, I've just started an internship this week and I've been asked to work on their asset management program, and create a set of rules (?) for JIRA so that when we input a set of assets in our inventory using JIRA, it will check to see if the assets are duplicates, if they are, JIRA will either ask to replace the current one, or to create a new asset and keep both.
Our assets consists of many information such as serial #, asset #, manufacturer name, model, etc.. The way we put our assets in the system is by using an excel spreadsheet with all the information in it. JIRA will then read every cell and match the attribute of the cell with what is described in JIRA, like this.
I have never used JIRA or any asset management program before so I'm pretty lost.
What I need to do is to have JIRA check in spreadsheet and see if there is any matching cells with our current inventory and if there is a duplicate, ask the user if they want to replace it or create a new asset.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!