We have a tier 1 support project which we use as initial triage for client and other reported issues. Once the ticket has been vetted, it is transitioned into an 'escalated to...' status, which triggers a SR script to generate a new linked issue in the appropriate development project, as identified by a select list custom field.
We recently purchased Automation Pro, and I'd really love to replace the script with an automation rule, which is easier to manage. To that end:
1) Is it possible to use a smart value to set the project in which a 'create issue' action generates an issue?
2) Is it possible to do any type of string manipulation on a smart value? Right now this custom field contains a string with the name and project key of the destination project - I can alter this if necessary, but I'd love to not need to. I can get into the context if needed, but I cannot use a project picker field here.