My use case is to create issues and place them in an existing structure
I'm able to do this using GUI. (I create a Parent and then add the child)
How do I do this via REST API?
Any example/sample would help
Thanks,
Balaji
By existing structure do you mean that you are currently using Jira portfolio for place epic under feature.
Just noticed that you are using structure plugin. All documentation here
https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Structure+REST+API+Reference
Hello Balaji,
You can find an example of creating a new issue in a structure here: https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Item+ResourcePlease feel free to check the rest of the documentation on Structure REST API, there is a lot of useful information(and more examples).
In case you have more questions about API usage or need further assistance with this request, please reach us at our Service Desk portal - support.almworks.com - and we will get back to you shortly.
Best regards,Stepan KholodovALM Works
I've gone through the link and I've the following queries
a) I plan to place the child issue under the parent issue. How do I get the Issue rowID of the parent issue in the structure?
b) Whats the significance of pid
I created parent issue via REST POST method (but not in the structure). Then I manually pinned the issue to the structure. Then I moved the child issues under the parent. My query is how to achieve this (or equivalent) via Structure REST API.
R/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.