How do I remove all Jira accounts that never logged in?
DB Solution acceptable, if it works with postgresql
Try something like this:
select * from cwd_user where ID not in (select user_id from cwd_user_attributes where attribute_name = 'login.lastLoginMillis')
Never tried it myself but this should work because JIRA records last logged in time.
Argh! No!
You could end up with swathes of completely broken projects if you do this. Jira can fail spectacularly if users are Report or Assignee on issues and you go and pull the users account out, and you'll get some really ugly problems with watchers, voters and other things too.
Note that it does NOT matter if they've never logged in - that does NOT stop them being used as assignee, reporter, watcher, user picker fields, groups or roles.
By all means use the SQL to find them, but do NOT delete them in the database. Use the API - via the UI or plugins, or (probably your best option) the Jira Command Line Interface (I'm pretty sure that does user deletes)
I agree. Find them, don't delete them yet!
Oops, that looks like I was telling off Jobin, I didn't mean that at all! Just didn't want to let you run off and use SQL to update a Jira database.
Sorry Jobin!
Adminstration --> Users --> Check Login Details column
If the count of login details column is zero, user can be deleted by using the "Delete" option available in the "Operations" column
Er, see the discussion above...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.