In a BitBucket project user need to get email notification when someone commits there. How i can enable that option ?
Hi Nirmalaya,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community.
In order to send an email on commits you need an app. Search on email in the Marketplace and you will find Push email notifyer, Notifyer and a couple of more that should work for you.
It's also worth remembering that most commits take place on someone's individual system, rather than on Bitbucket itself. Bitbucket (Cloud or Server) doesn't get any indication that a commit has happened until that commit is pushed.
Hi @Nirmalya Pal,
Starting from Bitbucket Server 5.10 (here the release notes), users can watch repositories and be notified via email when a comment is pushed to the repository.
The Repository notifications page covers the details of the events that will trigger an email notification.
As @jredmond correctly states, the commits need to be pushed for Bitbucket Server to be aware of them and trigger the notification.
Cheers,
Caterina - Atlassian
Hi, I currently have enabled this email notifications. I would love to have the branch name in the email.
Because I'm managing a project with multiple ongoing module enhancements and it's not easy to identify if a commit is going to QA or to a Task or anything.
While the new notifications feature does work, it doesn't send me notifications on my own commits. Is there a way to enable this?
I'd like to be able to forward commit emails to stakeholders.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.