My current AD server will be off in next months. New AD is currently available but it does not have the same groups I have currently.
I performed some tests but not found an easy solution.
Current Situation:
- Jira Internal Directory
-- Users from other offices (group: jira-users)
-- admin (group: jira-administrators)
- Local AD (local office)
-- Users from local office (group: jira-users, team-A, team-B, team-C.... around 80 groups)
Test Scenario (when local add is disabled and added new AD): [UPDATED]
- Corp AD (global)
-- Users from other offices (group: XYZ-0987663-BLABLA.... + many other groups)
-- Users from local office (group: ABC-2454565-BLABLA... + many other groups)
- Jira internal Directory
-- Users from other offices (groups: REPLACED BY ABOVE AD)
-- admin (group: jira-administrators)
Note: users from new AD have same username (ID) and same email address
I need to sync all users from the new AD, but manage groups locally and apply them to groups with same name as it is current AD