Hello,
I found in atlassian-bitbucket.log messages : "to many open files...."
In what file in application should i add "ulimit -v unlimited" ?
I read this article https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/loss-of-functionality-due-to-too-many-open-files-errors-156862102.html but didnt undestand about bitbucket
Hi @Михаил Малиновкин,
This can be set in multiple ways - in
/etc/security/limits.conf
.bashrc
or running the command itself in the prompt, but this option might not be permanent.
Hi? thanks for your answer.
Can i add this parameter (ulimit -v unlimited) maybe in this files of application:
start-bitbucket.sh
_start-webapp.sh
?
Not entirely sure since it is setting the value for the service that's running Bitbucket. And it is looking to read it from the environment.
bitbucket soft nofile unlimited bitbucket hard nofile unlimited
Thanks a lot. I will try this parameters.
It might be worth checking to ensure you are not impacted by this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BSERV-10575
If you are not running on a version of Bitbucket that contains a fix it is worth upgrading.
Add these lines to your /etc/security.limits.conf
atlbitbucket soft nofile 4096atlbitbucket hard nofile 4096
You need to go to /(home directoy)/atlassian-bitbucket-5.16.0/bin/ and edit the "_start-webapp.sh" file.
MAX_OPEN_FILES=4096
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.