I want to build a custom form to get user feedback in confluence, Can anyone help me how to go about this. I know i can do it thru HTML Macros but want to specifically know how to collect feedback for different users.
Hi @Lakshmi Narasimhan,
If you have the budget, I would go with this plugin called Forms for Confluence.
If you don't have the budget you can develop your own using this documentation for Confluence Developers.
Hope this helps!
I would also suggest trying out the ServiceRocket Scaffolding plugin. I've been using it for years and it is incredibly versatile, especially when combined with the Reporting plugin.
You can achieve this (Creating form for feedback) by utilizing the Scaffolding Forms & Templates. You can then extract the data and organize it into a report using the Reporting for Confluence.
Here are some examples/use cases:
Creating form:
* Simple form: https://docs.servicerocket.com/scaffolding/user-guide/basic-tutorials/creating-a-simple-form
* Project form: https://docs.servicerocket.com/scaffolding/user-guide/miscellaneous-tutorials-and-recipes/creating-a-project-details-form
* form that require calculations: https://docs.servicerocket.com/scaffolding/user-guide/intermediate-tutorials/storing-data-and-using-that-data-for-calculations
Reporting Use Cases:
* https://docs.servicerocket.com/reporting/user-guides/recipes/pages/listing-contents-with-specific-text-or-macros
* https://docs.servicerocket.com/reporting/user-guides/recipes/pages/extracting-scaffolding-data-from-children-pages
* In case you would like to build a chart for the feedback, you can follow this example: https://docs.servicerocket.com/scaffolding/user-guide/miscellaneous-tutorials-and-recipes/generating-charts-from-a-dynamic-table-using-the-reporting-add-on
Hope this helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.