I just completed a Crowd + JIRA integration for our website, I imported all the users from JIRA into Crowd using the guide at (http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Importing+Users+from+Atlassian+JIRA), the import went fine, however now I have duplicate users in my Crowd directory and JIRA's internal directory. This caused a major problem today when I removed a group from a user using Crowd, which JIRA confirmed, however if from JIRA I searched for members of this group it would show the user in JIRA's internal directory still being assigned to the group, and when I tried to remove the group from this user it did nothing.
I figured at this point I would delete the internal user to solve the problem, but then I had to deal with re-assigning old issues assigned to this user, and ultimately I had to delete the user from both directories to solve the problem. This is a *major* headache, is there some easy way to transfer ALL issues from duplicate users to the Crowd directory user, and then delete all of them?