I have written a structure and extended it to show the "dependency" and "caused" linkages at the story & epic level for a project I am working on. I would like to be able to display the linktype in order to be able to differentiate which children are linked in the case of "depends on" or "caused by". I tried to add a column but there is no option to select the type of link. Can a structure column be customized somehow to do this?
Hi Gerard,
Welcome to Community!
Just tried it out and did not find a native way to do so! You can try to get a scripted field showing the information and display it in Structure but it would be pretty challenging in case you have multiple link types! In my past experience, when that kind of situation couldn't be handled with clarity for end user, we splitted that view in two structures!
Let us know if you find a way!
Cheers
Hello Gerard,
Thanks for posting!
I'm afraid there isn't any dynamic way to show the Link Type in a column right now in Structure. However, we do have an open Feature Request for this functionality. I'm unable to give you a release date at this time, but if you'd like, I can certainly ensure you do get notified when the feature becomes available.
In the meantime, you could try Micky's suggestion. Or you could instead create different Folders within your structure and label them according to your available Link Types. You would then Insert your issues and Extend Linked Issues for each Link Type in individual Folders. It might require some initial effort and maintenance (adding new Link Types) but would allow you to identify the Link Types, as desired.
Another option would be to use a Custom Field (Select List), which would allow you to enter options for your different Link Types. You would then be able to add that Custom Field as a column to your structure and/or Group by said Custom Field to visualize Link Types. Again, I understand that setup time, maintenance and also accurate user input would be necessary for this to be successful, but figured I'd mention it.
If you're already using a scripting add-on (such as ScriptRunner) or if you're able to get one, I might have a better alternative for you, using a Filter Transformation.
I hope this helps. Please let me know if you would like any help implementing either of the suggested workarounds or if you have any additional questions about Structure for Jira.
I can be reached directly at vlad@almworks.com or you can email our support team anytime at support@almworks.com.
Thank you for using Structure!
Best Regards,
VladALM Works
Do you have a date for the release of this feature?
Thx,
Carrie
Hi Carrie!
Sorry for the late reply.
We do not have a release date at this time. But if you email support@almworks.com, we can make sure you get notified once the feature becomes available.
Vlad
ALM Works
@Vlad[ALM Works] , would you have any update regarding this feature request, long pending? This would be a VERY USEFUL feature to have! I added more details in here.
Thank you!
Hello @Dionathan Lopes {ALM Works}
your formula looks very good. Is there a way that this formula can be adjusted to show all issues of a certain Linktype?
To be more precise: In my company we have defined a link type "SOLUTION TO PORTFOLIO LINK" and I would love to show in the structure for all capabilities the according Portfolio Epic via this link type.
Is this feasible to do?
Thanks a lot for any help
Best
Ben
Is there a way for this to work with remote links? The link type is from qTest and is linked to the story with a 'links to' type . Is there a way to show if not the actual links, at least a count of those links?
Thanks!
Hello @Benjamin Wohnhas ,
You should be able to accomplish this with the FILTER function. Like so:
issuelinks.FILTER( $.type = "SOLUTION TO PORTFOLIO LINK").source.key
This will reduce the Array of Linked Issues to only the one you have defined and return the source's issue key.
Additional detail surrounding Item Property Reference and Array Functions linked.
Hope this helps!
Best,David
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.