I am trying to hit API from C# code using HTTP client but I am getting the result as unauthorized. If I try with postman it's working fine. what will the issue ?
Hello,
It mean you provide invalid credentials or you do not provide credentials at all.
No, I am giving the creadentials.
string authCredentials = Convert.ToBase64String(ASCIIEncoding.ASCII.GetBytes(Username + ":" + Password));client.DefaultRequestHeaders.Add("Authorization", "Basic " + authCredentials);client.DefaultRequestHeaders.Add("Accept", "application/json");var result = JsonConvert.SerializeObject(model);var response = await client.PostAsync($"https://hrbotdev.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/issue", new StringContent(result, Encoding.UTF8, "application/json"));
Could you somehow to see, what request is sent from your program? I usually use Fiddler for it.
It's working in postman fine. In program only it's not working
Hi Vamsi
My C# application has the following 2 lines before the Convert.ToBase64String :
string mergedCredentials = string.Format("{0}:{1}", m_Username, m_Password);byte[] byteCredentials = UTF8Encoding.UTF8.GetBytes(mergedCredentials);return Convert.ToBase64String(byteCredentials);
Try to see if that helps
Thanks Warren for responding.
I am getting the AuthCredentials in the perfect way. I think it's problem with the permissions. Do we need to enable any permission ?
If I'm correct, the call you're doing (https://hrbotdev.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/issue) isn't valid, because it needs a further /ABC-123 passing in the issue key.
I tried your call but with my Jira name instead of hrbotdev and I received an error. I added a key and it worked, so I think you need
https://hrbotdev.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/issue/ABC-1234
Yeah, that is for getting the issue which has been already created. I want create the issue using the API.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.