I want to automate the population of Epic link from the value selected during the creation of the issue.
Can someone help with the concept of how to achieve this ? Thanks
Since, Epic link denotes the epic, thus it seems you intend to link the story/task to an epic via the epic link field based on a certain custom field value during the post-function of the create transition. I hope I have understood you right.
You can't do this out of the box, but if you have a plugin like Script runner, then it's easily doable.
PLease see here how to set epic link
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-questions/How-to-set-epic-link-in-Jira-using-Groovy/qaq-p/673054
How to check custom field value using groovy
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Check-custom-field-value-in-a-groovy-script/qaq-p/191997
@Tarun Sapra Hello. Yes you got that absolutely right, . Also, I do have Scriptrunner available. Any help on how this could be accomplished using Scriptrunner ? Thank you
Hello @Aisha M
Put the post-function in the very end of the list of post-functions available and go through the links which I shared as they have all relevant code.
@Tarun Sapra Okay Tarun. Thank you so much. Will try this out and see how it goes:)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.