Hi Guys,
I know some of you have answered this question a few times before, but hopefully one of you experts can point me in the right direction. I'm good for it and will pay it forward once I know it myself :-)
by the way JIRA's 'knowledge base articles' appear daunting and appear not in order of prerequisites for any beginner.
<----------------------------------------->
Problem I have:
1. I have a new issue type 'Change request'. How do I add custom fields only when the user selects this issue type from the drop down list. In this scenario bug/task/story etc all behave as default fields .... however when users select the 'Change request' issue type I want the user to fill custom fields associated with change management (informed by our internal Change Management process).
2. How do I make those fields either a drop down, list of choices, yes/no, text, select JIRA staff member (owner) etc.
3. How do I make those fields smart i.e when user fills-out/selects this option for this field alert so and so... or when user fills out this part make them also fill out this field. (specify field behaviour) ??
4. How do I make some of these fields a requirement before the user can 'create' the ticket (submit). In other words make it an asterisk* field (is this accomplished only using Java script or is there a different way of doing it?)
5. Finally how do I alert 'The Change Manager' of the ticket once it has been created.
Your responses are eagerly awaited but also highly appreciated.
Many thanks,
Mo