After BitBucket upgrade, I was able to upgrade a 3rd party plugin, but not the UPM.
Existing UPM is 2.22.9, available UPM is 2.22.11.
Standard logs don't say a word about the failure, but enabling detailed log I see this:
2018-06-11 14:57:12,049 INFO [UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-2] roberto @HEGJ1Nx897x399x0 1wz2ajz 192.168.0.1,192.168.0.70 "POST /rest/plugins/1.0/ HTTP/1.1" c.a.u.c.i.PluginDownloadServiceImpl Downloading plugin artifact from [https://marketplace.atlassian.com/download/apps/23915/version/3000010]...
2018-06-11 14:57:17,611 INFO [UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-2] roberto @HEGJ1Nx897x399x0 1wz2ajz 192.168.0.1,192.168.0.70 "POST /rest/plugins/1.0/ HTTP/1.1" c.a.u.impl.SelfUpdateControllerImpl Extracted self-update plugin to /var/atlassian/application-data/stash/tmp/upm-selfupdate7392906496933242226.jar
2018-06-11 14:57:17,611 INFO [UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-2] roberto @HEGJ1Nx897x399x0 1wz2ajz 192.168.0.1,192.168.0.70 "POST /rest/plugins/1.0/ HTTP/1.1" c.a.u.impl.SelfUpdateControllerImpl Installing self-update plugin
2018-06-11 14:57:17,624 INFO [UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-2] roberto @HEGJ1Nx897x399x0 1wz2ajz 192.168.0.1,192.168.0.70 "POST /rest/plugins/1.0/ HTTP/1.1" c.a.p.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader No plugins found to be installed
2018-06-11 14:57:17,684 INFO [UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-2] roberto @HEGJ1Nx897x399x0 1wz2ajz 192.168.0.1,192.168.0.70 "POST /rest/plugins/1.0/ HTTP/1.1" c.a.p.o.f.UnrecognisedModuleDescriptorFallbackFactory Unknown module descriptor of type rest registered as an unrecognised descriptor.
2018-06-11 14:57:17,689 INFO [UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-2] roberto @HEGJ1Nx897x399x0 1wz2ajz 192.168.0.1,192.168.0.70 "POST /rest/plugins/1.0/ HTTP/1.1" c.a.p.manager.DefaultPluginManager Updating plugin 'com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-selfupdate-plugin' from version '2.22.9' to version '2.22.9'
2018-06-11 14:57:17,701 INFO [FelixDispatchQueue] c.a.p.o.c.f.FelixOsgiContainerManager Unresolved bundle com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-selfupdate-plugin (127)
2018-06-11 14:57:17,701 INFO [FelixDispatchQueue] c.a.p.o.c.f.FelixOsgiContainerManager Uninstalled bundle com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-selfupdate-plugin (127)
2018-06-11 14:57:17,733 DEBUG [UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-2] roberto @HEGJ1Nx897x399x0 1wz2ajz 192.168.0.1,192.168.0.70 "POST /rest/plugins/1.0/ HTTP/1.1" c.a.s.i.p.s.ExtendedDirectoryScanner Plugin file </var/atlassian/application-data/stash/shared/plugins/installed-plugins/upm-selfupdate4074312829146251718.jar> doesn't exist to delete. Ignoring.
2018-06-11 14:57:17,733 INFO [UpmAsynchronousTaskManager:thread-2] roberto @HEGJ1Nx897x399x0 1wz2ajz 192.168.0.1,192.168.0.70 "POST /rest/plugins/1.0/ HTTP/1.1" c.a.p.loaders.ScanningPluginLoader Removed plugin 'com.atlassian.upm.atlassian-universal-plugin-manager-selfupdate-plugin'
I suppose I could update it manually, but I'd not want to do the same every time.
Any clue why this fails?
UPDATE
The problem isn't with UPM itself.
Installing any new plugin succeeds but fails to enable the plugin. However, enabling the plugin manually after installation, succeeds.
The same happens with UPM: I found the following plugins:
- Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager (2.22.9, installed, enabled)
- Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Self-Update Plugin (2.22.9, installed, disabled)
Once manually enabled the Self-Update plugin, it did update UPM.
So the question now is: why are installed plugins not enabled? The logs say nothing.