Is it possible to add information to a bunch of already existing issues in JIRA via .csv iimport?
It seems that .csv import creates new issues instead of adding information.
Hi Ole,
It's possible. Just create another column in the CSV file to contain exact issue keys and map it to Issue Key field during the import process. For example, if you have a project A with an issue A-1 and you want to update this issue's Summary and Description, besides Summary and Description columns (with updated values) in the CSV file, create another column named IssueKey with value "A-1", and then choose to import the file into project A. The following image shows how the fields should be mapped:
Cheers,
Andy
Hello,
Can you use the same approach to append some info? I mean, updating for example the Description without overwriting the existing one.
Thanks!
I am interested in this too. Another question that I have is that if I write description in a particular format. (space, Return between different sentences, a list....) in CSV file can I import the description in JIRA ticket with the same format?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.