Whenever I try to start confluence on ubuntu I get a message saying it is started however I cannot navigate to it in the browser by either http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8090 or http://domain.name:8090. Both times I get connection refused. I have verified this is not a firewall issue and I have further troubleshooted to determine that confluence isnt even listening on 8090. See below
To run Confluence in the foreground, start the server with start-confluence.sh -fg
executing using dedicated user: confluence1
If you encounter issues starting up Confluence, please see the Installation guide at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+Installation+Guide
Server startup logs are located in /opt/atlassian/confluence/logs/catalina.out
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using Java: /opt/atlassian/confluence/jre//bin/java
2018-06-07 21:33:09,934 INFO [main] [atlassian.confluence.bootstrap.SynchronyProxyWatchdog] A Context element for ${confluence.context.path}/synchrony-proxy is found in /opt/atlassian/confluence/conf/server.xml. No further action is required
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using CATALINA_BASE: /opt/atlassian/confluence
Using CATALINA_HOME: /opt/atlassian/confluence
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/atlassian/confluence/temp
Using JRE_HOME: /opt/atlassian/confluence/jre/
Using CLASSPATH: /opt/atlassian/confluence/bin/bootstrap.jar:/opt/atlassian/confluence/bin/tomcat-juli.jar
Using CATALINA_PID: /opt/atlassian/confluence/work/catalina.pid
Existing PID file found during start.
Removing/clearing stale PID file.
Tomcat started.
redease@Docs:/opt/atlassian/confluence$
redease@Docs:/opt/atlassian/confluence$
redease@Docs:/opt/atlassian/confluence$ sudo lsof -i :8090
redease@Docs:/opt/atlassian/confluence$
When I check port 8090 I get nothing in return indicating that nothing is listening on that port. Below I have pasted my server.xml:
<Server port="8000" shutdown="SHUTDOWN" debug="0">
<Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
<!--
==============================================================================================================
HTTPS - Proxying Confluence via Apache or Nginx over HTTPS
If you're proxying traffic to Confluence over HTTPS, uncomment the connector below and comment out the others.
Make sure you provide the right information for proxyName and proxyPort.
For more information see:
Apache - https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/PTT3MQ
nginx - https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/cNIvMw
==============================================================================================================
-->
<Connector port="8090" connectionTimeout="20000" redirectPort="8443"
maxThreads="48" minSpareThreads="10"
enableLookups="false" acceptCount="10" debug="0" URIEncoding="UTF-8"
protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
scheme="https" proxyName="hell.naw.you.aint.seeing.this.com" proxyPort="443"/>
<Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">
<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="false" startStopThreads="4">
<Context path="" docBase="../confluence" debug="0" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
<!-- Logging configuration for Confluence is specified in confluence/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties -->
<Manager pathname=""/>
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve" threshold="60"/>
</Context>
<Context path="${confluence.context.path}/synchrony-proxy" docBase="../synchrony-proxy" debug="0"
reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.StuckThreadDetectionValve" threshold="60"/>
</Context>
</Host>
</Engine>
</Service>
</Server>
Yes while it is running behind a nginx https proxy I have verified that isn't the issue by configuring the proxy to go to google.com as a test. I then set it back to confluence. That also shouldn't stop confluence from listening on 8090.
Anyone have any thoughts?