I can see the radials to setup confluence but when I click on it nothing happens?
It sounds like you are installing a fresh Server instance and going through the Setup Wizard.
At which screen does it stop responding? Please post a screen shot if possible.
The very first screen where I pick trial or production installation. I was having issue connecting it to our database so I now want to do a trial installation so I can get this get everything setup and import my database later.
It should have styling applied so there is an issue of some kind. See how it is supposed to look:
Since this is a new installation I recommend deleting the home folder defined in the following file: <confluence_install>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/confluence-init.properties. Then start Confluence which will recreate the home folder with a fresh confluence.cfg.xml file. I look forward to hearing the result.
That didn't work I still have the same issue
Please let me know whether you used a Windows or Linux installer or an archive file to install Confluence.
Please make sure the user on the operating system that Confluence is running under has full permissions on the Confluence installation folder. The styles are not being applied which indicates a possibility that the files providing the styles cannot be read by Confluence.
After you deleted the home folder, how did you restart Confluence? Did you use a script or a service?
I am on windows and trying to install from the exe. I did not use a script installing as a service to a local sql database. I went into service and stop service then restarted
I did what you suggested and that didnt work so i did a uninstall and made sure all confluence folders and files were gone. I did a reinstall picked express it went through a process but I did not get the above screen at all this time and the application just closed.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.