when I login to my "trial" at https://dataaccessinc.atlassian.net I get into the "Jira" portion of the trial but I can't figure out how to get to the area where I setup and control the "service desk" portion.
Hi Russ, welcome to the Community. You want to avoid posting your direct instance address in the future. Some companies have security concerns about posting information such as this publicly.
Are you certain that you have JIRA Service Desk trial as well as JIRA? The applications are purchased separately. If you are sure that you have both, and a service desk is not present, you will need to perform set up of your new project.
Go to the JIRA dashboard, select the Projects link, and then click the button to create a new project.
If you have not yet created a Servicedesk project, go to Projects, click on Create Projects and use one of the three service desk templates.
If you already created the project, just go to Projects and click on it, and from there you can configure it.
This is the customer end of the service desk: "https://dataaccessinc.atlassian.net/servicedesk"
To get the internal side, create and enter the project as you would any other.
^ as Meg suggested, you shouldn't post this here but since you already have - i'd go double check your global access settings so no strangers can get into your systems.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.