Im trying to do a report
Hi!
First side piece of advice: avoid SQL as much as possible, there are many tools which can help reporting with Jira directly.
If your choice is SQL, we'll need to get more details on what kind of reporting you'd like to achieve. Jira uses a complex database scheme and depending on what you're calling progress, there might be one or another included!
Let us know
Cheers
You need to be much more specific. What are you actually trying to report a 'progress'. It could simply be what percentage of issues are in each status. Another could be average or mean time time spent in each status. Or are you trying to track a single issue and showing actual time in each status? As @miikhy said, going after the database will almost undoubtedly be unworkable
My company requires specific metrics that is why we try to create our own reports, with 'progress' I mean the advance percentage of an issue. When you export to excel, throw this data. Example
Thank you
Understood! This one should not be too hard to achieve! If you're using Structure for Jira, you can build similar metrics directly in Jira. For more "report-like" solution I'd go with EazyBI which would allow you to build strong reports such as this one.
In terms of pure SQL, I'll need to check! If I can find the exact location of the fields, I'll keep you posted!
Hi again,
That should help:
SELECT id,project,issuenum,summary,round(((timespent/timeoriginalestimate)*100),2) AS 'progress (%)' FROM jiraissue WHERE timeestimate is not null and timeestimate > 1000
You'll just need to adapt it for the issue key part (which is an ID now)!
I thought there was a field to keep the progress! Thank u!!!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.