We have a JIRA and Confluence server installed on the same machine. For about a year we've used the internal user management systems for each. I would now like to transition to using the JIRA user management system for both.
I followed the instructions for Connecting Confluence to Jira applications for User Management
However, I receive the following error after I click "Test Settings" in Confluence's Configure Atlassian JIRA Server. I made sure that the JIRA user server has an entry for Confluence, and I've tried both the local (127.0.0.1) and the public IP.
Configure Atlassian JIRA Server - Confluence Connection test failed. Response from the server: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.ApplicationPermissionException: Forbidden (403) Encountered a "403 - Forbidden" error while loading this page. client.forbidden.exception Go to JIRA home
Searching for previous solutions brings me to this page.
I followed the instructions, except I don't understand "configure http://127.0.0.1:port/context_path on the "Server URL" settings." What is "context_path"?
I have tried using http://127.0.0.1:8080/ and http://127.0.0.1:8080/jira but both return the following error:
Configure Atlassian JIRA Server - Confluence Connection test failed. Response from the server: The following URL does not specify a valid Crowd User Management REST service: http://127.0.0.1:8080/rest/usermanagement/1/search?entity-type=user&start-index=0&max-results=1&expand=user
I can provide screenshots if necessary.
Thanks!