I am attempting to setup a Smart Mirror instance, and while everything appears to be correct. I cannot push to the mirror using Eclipse and HTTPS.
SSH works through Eclipse, and it is possible to push through HTTPS using command line git.
Since I am setting this up in an Enterprise environment, and all of our users use HTTPS this is a problem for me. Setting everyone up with SSH keys is simply not an option.
When trying to use HTTPS in Eclipse, I receive the following error:
Can't connect to any repository: https://user.name@mirrorhost/scm/test-git/project/repo.git (https://user.name@mirrorhost/scm/test-git/project/repo.git: This repository is a read-only mirror
Changes cannot be pushed as this is read-only mirror of repository
PROJECT/repo. Pushes can only be made to the original repository. This
is achieved by running this command in your local repository directory:
git remote set-url --push origin <original-repository-clone-url>
This ensures subsequent pushes are sent to the original repository.)
I am curious if I am somehow doing something wrong, or if EGit is simply not working with the mirrors. Unfortunately, EGit does not provide any logging, and it is hard to tell what it is actually doing. Is anyone successfully using Eclipse to push through a Bitbucket mirror over HTTPS? Any suggestions for making this work?