I updated to High Sierra 10.13.5 today. Tried lunching SourceTree 2.7.3. It worked for a minute, then crashed (EXC_BAD_INSTRUCTION (SIGILL)). Every time I launch it now, it crashes almost immediately. I've tried versions 2.6.3, 2.7.4, and 2.7.1. Still crashes.
1) Thought it could be related to https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/SRCTREE/issues/SRCTREE-5410?filter=allopenissues, but the exception is different. Also, another thread seems indicate it may be fixed: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Frequent-crash-on-macOS-High-Sierra-v-10-13-3/qaq-p/726413
Could be a new High Sierra bug or some sort of corruption of SourceTree.
2) Where is the SourceTree config data stashed? Wondering if there's something corrupted that I can delete and setup again.
3) Any other ideas?
Thanks!
Sounds like you're having the same issue as me. I've been deleting the user config data via terminal with:
defaults delete com.torusknot.SourceTreeNotMAS
Which lets me start source tree again but it crashes as soon it communicates with the remote repositories.
@BobWaterBit,
have a look here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Sourcetree-crashes-on-start-after-adding-a-new-repository/qaq-p/814532
The Atlassian Team is investigating.
Thanks. I posted an update on this topic: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Sourcetree-crashes-on-startup-on-MAC/qaq-p/813621
I'm running for now after deleting browser.plist, but others are still having trouble.
We have fixed this issue. Please update to the latest version 2.7.6.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.