Hello all,
I'm not sure if this is allowed or not but I am needing help on creating a project for my team.
I am an Infrastructure Manager for a 6 man team and am trying to utilize Jira Software to help manage our projects. Our developers use Jira for their software development and bug tracking but I am having a difficulty adapting Jira for my team. Am I trying to fit a square peg in a round hole? We have a separate system for trouble tickets, however we may soon shift towards Service Desk. We also are using Confluence for our KB system.
My question is pretty much where do I start? Should I create one project for my team and have Epics be each individual area of my department? Like an epic for server maintenance, or switches, or for the DBA? Would those be their own project or issue?
I don't think usage of sprints would do any good since we are a support oriented department and schedules get interrupted constantly, however we do still need to keep on top of our projects because they can easily slip through the cracks.
On the main site, it lists 'Infrastructure Maintenance' as type of process Jira can be used for but I can't seem to find any examples out in the wild of that setup. That type of purpose would be ideal for me, keeping track of software upgrades and the like.
I know this is a broad question but after reading and reading and watching videos I haven't been able to wrap my head around how to utilize this tool.
Thank you,
Loren